Stress & Hormones: How to manage cortisol levels for optimal wellbeing
Please note this video is a recording of a live webinar so there may be information not relevant to viewers watching at a later date.
- Stress is a state of ‘threat’ which can either be acute or chronic
- Low levels of stress (eustress) can have positive effects on motivation, excitement and performance.
- High levels of stress (distress) can have negative effects on the body, and that’s when management techniques can be useful
- When cortisol release is triggered, you feel a sense of alertness as the body diverts energy away from the immune and digestive systems
- Aerobic exercise is important to build into your daily routine for calming effects on your body
- Consume a variety of food groups, vitamins and minerals and reduce processed foods to reduce inflammation and boost our overall immune system